You won’t believe this dessert recipe is dairy-free – in fact, it is not really a cheesecake at all! Made from dairy-free coconut yoghurt and fresh lemons, it has a very light texture with a fresh lemony flavour with just the tiniest hint of coconut. This dairy-free and eggless lemon ‘cheesecake’ recipe is so simple to make, you’ll wonder why you’ve never made it before!
Serves 6 – 8
- 250g ginger nut biscuits
- 75g coconut oil, melted
- 3 tbsp clear honey
- 6 sheets leaf gelatine
- 2 x 350g tubs dairy-free coconut yoghurt
- Zest of 2 lemons
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 225g blueberries
- 3 tbsp clear honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp water
- Line a 20cm square cake tin with non-stick baking paper.
- Put the ginger nut biscuits in a food processor and whizz up into fine crumbs. Add the melted coconut oil and process until well combined.
- Tip into the prepared tin, level out and lightly press with the back of a spoon.
- Place in the fridge for ½ hour to chill.
- Immerse the sheets of gelatine in cold water for 5 minutes to soften.
- Put the honey in a small pan and warm over low heat until hot but not bubbling. Take the pan off the heat.
- Drain the gelatine and squeeze out any excess water. Drop the gelatine into the warmed honey to melt and lightly whisk. Leave to cool slightly.
- Put the yoghurt into a large bowl with the lemon zest and juice. Whisk to combine and pour in the honey and gelatine mixture, whisking well.
- Pour onto the biscuit base and return to the fridge to set, ideally overnight.
- To make the sauce, put the blueberries, honey, vanilla extract and water into a small pan. Warm over low heat until the blueberries start to pop and release their juices. Pour into a serving bowl and leave to cool.
- Remove the cheesecake from the tin, peel off the paper and cut into squares. Serve with the blueberry sauce.
As well as sharing our experience of bringing up an eczema child (and favourite allergy-friendly recipes), ScratchSleeves also manufacture and sell our unique stay-on scratch mitts and PJs for itchy babies, toddlers and children. We now stock sizes from 0-adult in a range of colours. Visit our webshop for more information.